The 2013 Dependable Systems and Networks Conference will continue the tradition of previous editions by featuring “Birds of a Feather” sessions. These are moderated brainstorming sessions open to all DSN participants interested in discussing today dependability challenges and solutions, as well as future directions. Participants from academia and industry will have the chance of exchanging ideas related with their latest research and development work.
This year the main topics of interest concentrate on dependability of the cloud, web services, mobile, and high performance computing:
- Building a dependable cloud with off the shelf components
- Cloud application stacks – handling HW and SW failures at the application level
- Is my data secure in the cloud?
- Dependability and security of combined mobile and web based services
- Impact of rapid development / version change in mobile and web SW
- High performance computing – fault tolerance and security issues
Contributions to related topics are also encouraged. Marketing and recruiting are not part of these sessions. Submissions will be evaluated for their significance to the DSN community and novelty. For organizing a “Birds of a Feather” session please send proposals not longer than a single page describing the topic and its relevance to the DSN audience by May 24th, 2013 to the BoF Chair Cristian Constantinescu via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.